Is Hiring A Mover Worth the Money?
There are a lot of cogs and pieces that are involved in a move. You need to pack, plan, load the truck and even sort through the items and all these can be overwhelming. For most people, a moving service is an easy solution to reduce the tension and struggle that comes with a move and for some, it is easily the best money they’ll ever spend – And at Easy Movers and Storers, we are one of the best moving companies in Leicestershire and Midlands!
Which is better; a DIY move or a Hiring a mover?
If the move is not major, a DIY move can be sufficient. It is particularly great if everything can fit into your car but remember to turn off your lights.
However, if you have quite a number of items that need to be transported and the distance is considerable, hiring movers can be well worth the cost especially if you have a tight schedule. If you consider the risks and the inconvenience associated with such a move, spending a couple of dollars on a mover could be a worthy investment.
Benefits of hiring professional movers
Other than saving you the effort and confusion, there are other benefits that make hiring a mover very sensible.
- Because the movers will do most of the packaging and heavy lifting, you will be avoiding serious injuries associated with lifting heavy objects like furniture or tripping while carrying such items.
- With the movers handling the move, you’re able to focus on your life and make the move as seamless as possible ensuring that everything is done.
- Movers are well equipped for the move. This means that all your valuables will be well protected and packaged during the move to protect them from being damaged. Dismantling will also be easier since all the tools will be available. With the trucks with ramps even the loading is easier.
- You would not believe this but the last thing you want is to find yourself as a one-man show on the moving day. Friends and family that promise to help with the move might get tied up which makes your move that much harder. With professional movers, the date is certain and you’re guaranteed of the extra hands and loads of help.
- The biggest benefit with hiring a mover is that your goods will be insured. Movers have insurance for your valuables. This means that your appliances and property are well catered for in case anything happens and the movers break or lose them. Even though a DIY move is still very possible, it comes with endless risks, inconveniences and uncertainties.
How to hire good movers
There is no question that hiring a good mover comes with plenty of benefits. You just need to hire the right one. Here are some essential areas you need to consider when making the hire.
- Do not go for the guy and a truck that shows up at your door. Make sure you hire a mover with a physical office.
- If they ask for cash before the job is done, they’re probably a scam don’t work with them.
- The mover you hire should be insured and fully licensed.
- It is always a good idea to get an accurate quote written before the move. The mover might need to visit your home or ask very detailed questions but it is necessary so you know how much you’re going to spend.
- Always check for online customer reviews to see the experiences of previous customers.
- During the hiring process, do not shy away from asking as many questions as possible before signing on the dotted line.