Man and Van Service or Full Removals Service
When it comes to moving, there plenty of options for you in the market. From hiring a van and driving it yourself, hiring a man and a van or even hiring a fully-fledged removals company. Ideally, most people out-rightly opt out of driving the van themselves because of the amount of time and effort that takes. The question remains, should you opt for the man and a van service or full removals service?
Man and a Van
There are plenty of benefits that come with this kind of service.
- Convenient – unlike the full removals service that requires lots of logistics, the man and van service is simple and straightforward. All that is required is for you to make the hire and indicate where you would like the van to come and at what time and it will be there.
- Cost effective – because there is not much work to be done in this case, the cost associated with the buy are much lower making the move cheaper and efficient for you.
As much as this is a great service that might be a perfect fit for most movers, it does not mean that it will be a good fit for everyone. There are some downsides associated with it as well.
- Not ideal for larger moves – if you’re moving a business or a large house, you need as many hands as you can get. With a man and van, this is not possible. Since such moves will typically need more logistics, which the full removals can offer.
- No insurance – Most man and van hires have no transit insurance. That means if your possessions are damaged you will not be covered and have to folk out money to repair.
- Time – Man and van hire companies tend to work on hours, they give you a time and you must be ready. Sometimes keys can arrive late and man and van movers charge extra time whereas full removals companies, like us, don’t charge extra.
On the other hand, you’re presented with the option of full removals. Like the man and a van service, this also has its upsides and downsides.
- No lifting and carrying – the benefits of hiring a full removals company is that you don’t have to lift a finger unless you want to jump in help. They do all the lifting for you which makes the moving much easier.
- Added services – you can also get to enjoy additional services like packaging and provision of packaging materials if you need any of these.
- Stress-free – unlike having to drive the van yourself, you will not have to deal with fueling up, loading and unloading all the items yourself and having to drive. It is much easier with an extra pair of hands to help you out.
- More costly – as you would expect, with more hands, a larger vehicle and more services, this service will cost you more than a man and a van service.
- Not ideal for small moves – the man and a van service is better suited if the move is not big (1-2 beds).
Even though moving companies have plenty of options for customers, it is up to the customer to identify the service that will work best for them. It is important to weigh the size of the move and the budget that you have in mind. That way, you can pick a service that will offer you the most bang for your buck. Just remember there are many hidden charges with man and a van moves and many of them have no insurance to cover you!